Learn more about our Dental Hygiene classes in Connecticut!
Upon successful completion of the Dental Hygiene Bachelor of Science degree program, Lincoln College of New England graduates should be ready to pursue advanced careers in the dental industry. Throughout their studies, candidates for the degree will complete courses covering contemporary dental hygiene issues and community health program planning, adding baccalaureate-level coursework to their Associate Degree credential.
Graduates of the Dental Hygiene Bachelor's degree program will be able to:
- Demonstrate the role of leadership and ethical practices in dental healthcare administration, and dental educational institutions.
- Utilize evidence-based research and develop critical thinking skills to be applied to both dental hygiene patient care and to teaching practices.
- Utilize current technology and appreciate technological advances in education and dental patient care.
- Develop the skills to analyze and evaluate evidence-based scientific research, comprehend scientific literature and dental scientific studies.
- Implement the process of performing a community oral health needs including the assessment, developing, implementing, and evaluation stages.
- Demonstrate an understanding of current dental educational/teaching methodologies, and will be empowered to seek employment at higher teaching institutions.
- Prepare to transition to a variety of emerging roles in the dental hygiene profession and broaden their career opportunities.
- Pursue lifelong learning, educational advancement and continued professional growth throughout their careers.
- Prepare the dental hygienist for advanced practice in teaching and in dental healthcare administration.
- Promote scholarly activity and research in the field.
- Provide the opportunity to participate in community service.
- Prepare with the ability to incorporate ethical and professional judgment in the practice of dental hygiene.
- Offer a broad-based foundation for the changing complexities of dental healthcare.
Interested in learning more about Dental Hygiene classes? Use the form below to send us an Instant Message or call (800) 825-0087 now to speak to an Admissions Representative!