Learn more about our Occupational Therapy Assistant courses in Connecticut!
LCNE is currently accepting applications for the OTA program for the Spring Term 2018, which begins on January 8, 2018. Students interested in applying for the OTA Program for the Spring 2018 Term should contact Shauna Judd by email or by phone at 860-628-4751 x40918.
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY ASSISTANT CLASS DETAILS
Upon successful completion of the Occupational Therapy Assistant Associate degree program, Lincoln College of New England graduates should be able to:
- Demonstrate desirable, ethical attitudes and work habits: verbal/written communication skills, creative thinking, problem solving, good judgment, self-reliance, team cooperation, acceptance of change, commitment to life-long learning, support of diversity and technology usage.
- Secure a position in a health care or human service area with demonstrated competency and carryover of the principles of occupation based service.
- Assess and implement the educational concepts in clinical practice that relate specifically to occupational therapy principles, which include assessment, treatment planning, treatment intervention, documentation, and education.
- Reflect the values and attitudes of the occupational therapy profession through ethical practice.
- Continue ongoing lifelong learning to keep current with best practice issues in the profession.
- Practice under the state and federal guidelines set forth for occupational therapy practitioners.
- Sit for the national exam administered by the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) to become credentialed as a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA).
A felony conviction may impact your ability to sit for the NBCOT certification exam. Connecticut requires a license to practice occupational therapy and the granting of a license is based on passing results of the NBCOT Certification Examination.
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY ASSISTANT FORMS
Occupational Therapy Assistant Observation Form
Interested in learning more about Occupational Therapy Assistant classes? Use the form below to send us an Instant Message or call (800) 825-0087 now to speak to an Admissions Representative!